A Gift to Help Children is an Investment in the Future
Earl E. Walker 1920 – 2011, Clinic Founder
Many Clinic friends choose to support the Clinic through estate gifts, life-income plans and other planned gifts. Charitable bequests ensure you have access to your assets, should the need arise. And by working with a Planned Giving expert to craft your bequest agreement, you know your exact wishes will be followed.
For more information, please contact Mark Roock, Senior Development Director – Planned Giving, at 314.529.9674, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
You should consult your own professional advisors before making a charitable gift.
End of Year Information for IRA Charitable Rollovers:
- Age requirement: 70½+
- Maximum donation amount: $100,000 per calendar year (combined from all your IRAs)
- Only distributions from traditional Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs) or Roth IRAs qualify.
- Distributions must be made to designated public charities by December 31, 2016. Walker Scottish Rite Clinic qualifies as a public charity under Internal Revenue Code Sections 501(c)(3), 509(a)(1), and 170(b)(1)(A)(ii) and you may designate your gift. The University’s Federal ID number is 43-0653369. Gifts may not be made to donor-advised funds.
- The distribution check must be made out to Walker Scottish Rite Clinic even if it is first delivered to you and you then deliver it to us.
The distribution is not taxable income to you.
- You may not claim a charitable deduction on your income taxes for the IRA distribution to charity.
- No gifts or services of any kind may be received for the distribution from your IRA.
- Make sure your contact information is included with the distribution check. In requesting your IRA administrator to make the distribution to us, please ask that they include a cover letter with the check giving your name and address, indicating that this is a charitable rollover from your IRA, and that the purpose of your gift is to support the Walker Scottish Rite Clinic.
- If possible, please inform us of your donation in writing or via e-mail providing your name, amount of the distribution, its purpose, and the name of financial services administrator who will be sending the distribution to us. This helps us track the arrival of the distribution.
- For your tax purposes, we will provide you a written acknowledgment of your distribution.
This information is provided for educational purposes. Please check with your tax and legal advisors when considering this charitable gift possibility.
For other giving opportunities, please click here.